Sunday, January 17, 2010

Akshaya Pathram

What was Akshaya pathram made of? Wood ? Clay?.. whatever… I have heard that this rice bowl which was presented to Pandava by Lord Krishna gave them food whenever they needed and saved them from Durvasa Maharshi's curse!.. Now what made me think of this now?  I was just thinking if my kitchen sink was made of the same material .. or at least it has been blessed with a similar "never empty" boon.  It just doesn’t get empty!  Each member of our family generously contributes towards its "full-fill-ment."

The sink is very small…with just a pressure cooker and a milk boiler, the sink becomes full.  Should do something for this… I thought, aloud.  "Try cleaning them immediately after the use!"… came an asareeri from the TV room!  I pretended that I did not hear that.  I tried switching from washing bar to liquids, then to fragrant liquids, still no satisfying results.

Yesterday, I was reading a book on Feng Shui and the mirror placement theory was amazing.  It says whatever that is reflects on a mirror, its energy is doubled in that home.  If your kitchen mirror reflects the dining table, the food will be doubled and it also warns that if the table is covered with clutter, what is getting doubled is your workload and mess!  If the mirror is reflecting a family photo, it symbolically doubles the family harmony.

I rushed to my kitchen mirror and checked whats seen on it!!! Yes.. you guessed it…. My kitchen mirror reflects the sink on the other corner!...Got the culprit!!!

I have now moved the water dispenser can in between so that it blocks the sink from getting reflected on the mirror.. Lets See!!!

ADDENDUM:  The above post was written just for fun.  By blocking the sink from getting reflected on a mirror is not at all going to help as you all might have guessed.  Be it gets reflected or not reflected, Vim/Pril, Me, and the Scotch Brite should work together to clean the sink!..... and, though I do believe that Feng-Shui is effective and not any blind faith, nowhere in its scripts either in paper or in the web says that sink will remain dirty if it is reflected on a mirror.  The poor mirror is absolutely helpless.. please do not blame it!  I was just finding reasons to mask my poor skills in time management.  Whatever schedules or plans I device, the 1-year-old at home forces me to alter it.  If I go to the sink when she is awake, she comes near it and does the Kate Winslet act of standing on her toe to reach the spoon or handles that are popping out…. And when she is asleep.. my priority would be doing my editing job, or I may lose my job.  So this gets postponed until evening when the "men at home" are back home and would take care of her and I start my romance with the sink!

5 comments:

RajinyBalaji said...

is that true ! I should check mine too and i dont have a mirror in the kitchen. ok now mirrors in all the room in the right place is my next job. But does it sound foolish hmmmm. sometimes when we get really dejected in life it seems that we start believing in all these....

Nishad Gopal said...

Hmmm.. I wonder if that would help!!!

Anyhow try your luck.

My best wishes for you.

Sranj said...

Rajiny, Niju, I just posted this as fun.. but after reading your comments wondered if its giving some false information about Feng-Shui... so added an addendum to my post. please read.

Rajiny, You stayed in this same house with the same positions for sink and mirror.. but u dint have any problems.. rite?

Sranj said...

眼淚, Thanks for visiting my blog and the comment.

Poornima Srinath said...

God's mistake ...instead of making anna pathram as akshaya pathram he converted kitchen sink...so we get more and more vessels there...atleast a spoon if u r so quick cleaning it..ur feng shui is good...imagination...well done..